After a long and successful career, Cesab Europe announces that the “Compasso d’Oro” rewarded and Pininfarina designed hydrostatic Drago Series will be replaced by the hydrostatic version of the well-known and proven M300, the CESAB M300H.
Hydrostatic trucks are not new for Cesab as their history goes back to the early ‘90’s when the first version of the Drago model was introduced.
Production starts in the Ancenis (France) factory mid-July of this year and the M300H model will be available in capacities from 1500 to 3500 kg both in Diesel and LPG.
The heart of CESAB’s M300H is an in-house designed and developed hydrostatic drive axle with components, hydraulic pump and motors, from Bosch-Rexroth.
The advantages of hydrostatic trucks are multiple:
- Extremely powerful and precise handling
- Fast change of drive direction (plugging) for best productivity
- Independent lift & drive functionality for complete control
- Automatic brake effect when leaving the accelerator for easy maneuvering
- Easy and controlled drive on ramps for better safety
- Pre-set performance parameters
The pre-set performance parameters are a unique CESAB feature and it allows the driver to adjust the truck’s behaviour to his environment or his drive abilities. A switch on the dashboard offers three positions:
- S – Smooth, the truck accelerates and brakes gently
- P – Medium, the reactions of the truck are a bit more sustained
- H – Hard, the truck gives maximum but save performances for best productivity
The different modes affect the acceleration and automatic braking via the accelerator pedal. With the help of a portable computer, the driving and the hydraulics can be customised to fit the driver or the customer’s application.
Ergonomics, driver comfort, safety and durability are assured as the CESAB M300H borrows all these characteristics of the proven M300 torque converter version:
- Mini-levers or Joystick hydraulic controls for precise load handling with minimum effort
- The unique IMD (Intelligent Mast Design) Wide-view masts for optimal visibility under all circumstances
- Weight adjustable comfort seat for maximum productivity
- Automotive or Double Pedals, the exact choice for any driver and any application
ISD (Intelligent Stability Design) for Active Safety
With the launch of the hydrostatic M300H Series, CESAB also introduced an active safety feature called ISD. ISD will be standard on the Hydrostatic M300 versions.
ISD offers the following aids for saver load handling:
- Active Mast control
- Front tilt angle control restricts, if necessary, the forward tilt depending on the weight of the load and the lift height
- Rear tilt speed control will restrict the rear tilt speed depending on the lift height
- Automatic 0° tilt; a button on the tilt lever allows the driver to easily put the mast in a perfectly horizontal position
- Key-Lift interlock locks all hydraulic functions when the key switch is turned off
- Rear axle Stabiliser, depending on the speed and the steering angle, the rear axle pivot can be locked by a cylinder to assure lateral stability
- Steering wheel synchronisation will assure that the steering knob always is at the same spot; the driver knows the exact steering wheel position at start-up.
The official launch will take place beginning of September. CESAB Material Handling Europe is very happy and honored to propose these new trucks and features to their European network and their customers.